Three Steps to Joining the Competition
- Create Profile
- Fill out Application Form
- Pay $35 Registration Fee
2. COMPETITION PROCESS
- Download Instruction videos & Competition Music
- Learn competition choreography and film your self performing it
- Edit video along with a 2-3 minute solo and upload to our website (Your solo performance should appear first, followed by our choreography)
*Tips for the competition
- Pay close attention to the Hip Technique, Turns and Arm placement for the choreography. We watch for if you can spot your turns and if you are able to duplicate how we do our arms in the choreography.
- How quickly you post your video. We will see how long it takes to post your video from the time you register. The faster you post your video the more we will feel you can handle learning the whole show in a short amount of time.
- Video Quality. We know that sometimes you will not be able to get a good camera, but try and think about the video quality. If you are using an iPhone etc, please make sure to film in “Landscape” style. Don’t have the camera too far away from you because we can’t see the details of your movement.
- Wear a costume that flatters your body type and shows off your hip movements.
- Keep your personal solo under 3 minutes and pick a choreography that really shows off your style and specialties.
*Winners will be announced within 3 days of the competition closing
3. THE BDE EXPERIENCE
- Intensive Training with Jillina, Heather and the BDE Main Cast
- Free attendance to workshops with the BDE Main Cast
- Performing in the BDE Show
- Future Networking opportunities with BDE cast